Hi, Wicket users,

I thought I'd examine wicketstuff-push, since I could use push on a
project.  After a fresh check-out of wicketstuff-push,
wicketstuff-push-examples, and wicket-stuff-dojo, I found that
wicketstuff-push-examples wouldn't compile.  Keep in mind I just
starting looking at this code, but I made the following change to
class WicketAbstractPushChat to get it to compile (and now the
examples do appear to work):

Replace:

final IPushTarget pushTarget = getPushService().installPush(this);
CHAT_ROOM.addListener(new ChatListener() { ... });

With:

final IPushInstaller pushInstaller = new IPushInstaller() {
    public void install(Component component, final IPushTarget pushTarget) {
        CHAT_ROOM.addListener(new ChatListener() {
            public void onMessage(Message msg) {
                if (pushTarget.isConnected()) {

pushTarget.appendJavascript("document.getElementById('" +
chat.getMarkupId() + "').innerHTML += '" + msg + "<br/>'");
                    pushTarget.trigger();
                } else {
                    CHAT_ROOM.removeListener(this);
        });
    }
};

getPushService().installPush( this, pushInstaller );

Does that make sense?  Again it appears to work but there are a ton of
errors saying TimerPushService is not serializable.

Otherwise, looks pretty cool and I hope to do more experimenting next week.

HTH,

Enrique