I don't see any good reason to call "numberFormat.setGroupingUsed(false);",
it just disable the locale capability.  This just doesn't make any sense to
me.

>Why not subclass label and override getNumberFormat(Locale)?  Pretty easy.

You probably mean override Component#getConverter(Class type).  Another
option is to install my integerconverter in my app.

Anyway, this should be corrected in Wicket if it's wrong.  I filed a bug
report: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1494