Take a look at http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/forminput/ and
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/working-with-wicket-models.html

In your login form I would have private member variables userId and password

public class LoginForm extends Form {

private String userId;

private String password;

public LoginForm(String id) {
super(id);
setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(this));
add(new TextField("userId"));
add(new PasswordTextField("password"));
}

public void onSubmit() {
System.out.println(userId);
}

//Make sure to add getters and setters
}

On 10/04/2008, Neo Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I follow the tutorial
http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/10935_3673576_1 to learn how
to use wicket. And I want to practise not to embed the Form inside another
class. So I create a class called LoginForm.java and move the code to there
(as follow).
>  public class LoginForm extends Form {
>   public LoginForm(String id) {
>     super(id);
>   }
>   @Override
>   public void onSubmit() {
>         Object o = get("packageName.to.Login");
>         System.out.println("object:"+o.getClass().getSimpleName());
>         (Login (o)).getUserId();
>         (Login (o)).getPassword();
>
>   }
>  }
>  However, after submit the form, I get the a NullPointerException error
because the object o is null. How can I obtain the component of Login? Or
how can I use the method of Login?