Thanks for the tip.  I came up with an idea last night that I would like to
get input on.  I created an HttpSessionListener that will track all created
sessions.  It has a thread that will run every few minutes, and if a session
does not belong to a signed-in user, it will invalidate it after only ten
minutes of inactivity.  If the session belongs to a signed-in user, it will
give them much longer to be inactive.

Here's the code: http://pastebin.com/m712c7ff0
In the group's opinion, will this work?  It seems like a hack to me, but I
have to do something.

Jeremy