thanks, having proper setup of clustering with session replication should be
the correct way to go in long term

but for this stage, we are restricted to solve the problem at application
level

our application can afford to have "ajax session expire" if we restart our
server(s) occasionally,
but we want to handle that "ajax session expire" exception gracefully at
client side

can we "hack" the wicket codes (java/js) that can intercept the ajax session
expiration? any class/pointer that i should look at?