if you look at the wicket extension javadoc  you will find the explanation :

in your class extending the WebApplication class you have to override the
newWebRequest method

    @Override
    protected WebRequest newWebRequest(HttpServletRequest servletRequest) {
        return new UploadWebRequest(servletRequest);
    }