ArthIT: How to suppress the warning is not why I asked the question.  I want
to be sure generify Wicket is correct so user code can be clean and warning
free.

>in Eclipse go to "Window -> Preferences"
>Type "Generic" in the search box. Now you should see the
>Java->compiler->Errors/Warning>s Node.
>Open it, and change settings under "Generic types" to whatever you want
>("Ignore" f.e.)

I don't do this because that covers up all the warnings of that kind. I
prefer to see the warnings and deal with them.  If the warning cannot be
fixed, I use @SupressWarning on the spot.