That doesn't sound correct - are you sure your Maven installation
hasn't been pointed somewhere else, as we don't manually install them
locally & they are on repo1 - What particular artifacts are showing as
unavailable?

See http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/ &
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/portlet/portlet-api/1.0/

Did you check out /all/ of the wicket 1.3.3 branch - specifically have
you got wicket-parent?

/Gwyn