2008/4/28 Uwe Schäfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> James Carman schrieb:
>

> > Or, perhaps Wicket could add in some lifecycle method annotations?
> >

>  pleeeeeeease don´t!
>
>  using annotations for this kind of lifecycle methods is a simple abuse of
> them. non-obvious order, inheritance etc... lesson learned from jpa,ejb3

Yes, this would involve making up some rules about the order in which
the parent class' initializer methods are invoked.  A couple that come
to mind:

1.  There should only be one initializer method declared per class (to
avoid the which do we call first problem).
2.  Parent class' initializer methods should be invoked first.

I don't agree that marking "lifecycle" methods with annotations is an
abuse (of annotations?) at all.  Perhaps this wouldn't belong in the
"core", but I can see it as an extension or a wicketstuff project
maybe?