I have a specific question and a generic question based on it.

I have several Panels added to my BreadCrumbPanels, these panels themselves
extend the Panel class, and
will contain BreadCrumbPanelLinks , to navigate down the hierarchy.

My question is how do I pass the BreadCrumbBar from a BreadCrumbPanel to the
panels that get added to it ? Of course I can create constructors for these
sub panels to take in a IBreadCrumbModel . But this is not an elegant
solution, as I have to pass the BreadCrumbBar to each possible constructor
of the Panel.

The BreadCrumbBar is created in my BasePage, from which all my pages
inherit. So I tried doing something like
 ((BasePage)getPage()).getBreadCrumbBar(), in the sub panels, but it turns
out, that a component does not get a Page associated , to it, at
Construction time.

So what is the best way for a Page, to pass around certain components it
initializes, to child panels , without having to have a constructor for the
Panel that takes in those components ?

I already use spring along with Wicket, so I was thinking of making certain
Components, in to Spring Beans with a Custom scope, say a Page scope. i.e.
the component gets initialized during the Page's construction and can then
be injected to subsequent Components created by the Page's construction.

Any thoughts ?