I started getting these as soon as I have used latest wicket trunk in my project:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: converter can not convert
com.mobilebox.pfs.ranking.model.Sex to a string
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.AbstractChoice.appendOptionHtml(AbstractChoice.java:392)
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.AbstractChoice.onComponentTagBody(AbstractChoice.java:361)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.renderComponent(Component.java:2531)

This leads to:

        protected void appendOptionHtml(AppendingStringBuffer buffer, E choice,
int index,
                String selected)
        {
                T objectValue = (T)renderer.getDisplayValue(choice);
                Class<T> objectClass = (Class<T>)(objectValue == null ? null :
objectValue.getClass());

                String displayValue = "";
                if (objectClass != null && objectClass != String.class)
                {
                        final IConverter<T> converter =
this.getConverter(objectClass);

                        if (!converter.getClass().isAssignableFrom(objectClass))
                                throw new IllegalArgumentException("converter can
not convert " +
                                        objectClass.getName() + " to a string");

                        displayValue = converter.convertToString(objectValue,
getLocale());
                }

The check does not seem correct. How can converter class be ever assignable to an model object class? Or am I missing something?

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.