From: Doug Donohoe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 9:30 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: RE: DropDownChoice throws IllegalArgumentException with Integer
values

I posted on my wiki how I solved this problem.  Hopefully it will help
you:

http://wiki.donohoedigital.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DropDownChoice+Example

-Doug

Michael Mehrle wrote:

> The code is pretty massive, would be tough to post all that here.
> Basically, it's an integer backed DropDownChoice that has the word
> 'guest' tagged on to incrementing numbers (e.g. 1 - 10) in the label.
> When I remove the word 'guest' in the label it works just fine. Did
your
> dropdown have integers as the labels or was there more?
>
> It seems that the problem lies in the conversion, and that Wicket
> somehow is trying to grab the label value and put it into the model.
>
> If anyone has run into such a problem I'd appreciate any input.
>
> Michael

Integer
> values
>

> Post your code.  It's hard to guess w/out seeing the code.  I have an
> integer-based drop down choice working well (I used that example as my
> starting point).
>
> -Doug
>

> Michael Mehrle wrote:
>>
>> Anyone? Was hoping for some input here ;-)

org.apache.wicket.util.convert.converters.AbstractNumberConverter.conver
>> tToString(AbstractNumberConverter.java:109)
>>
>>             at

org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolverConverter.convert(PropertyRe

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/another-dropdownchoice-example-by-adam.ht