So you want the autocomplete behaviour, but only when you press the enter
key, ie you press enter and you get the same drop down box as you get in
normal autocomplete behaviour?

I dont think you can do this without making your own javascript, or hacking
at the original wicket-autocomplete.js

You could probably do it with an ajaxbehaviour like you have, and then
refresh a ListView, but this wouldnt be the same.