1)
 [ X] Can best be done in a limited fashion, where we only generify
IModel but not components. I care more about what generifying can do
for API clarity (declaring a component to only accept certain models
for instance) than static type checking.
*Reason::* I think generifying data-structure/models is what is sustainable.
Components can become too complicated when gentrified..and who know how far
wicket wants to go!!

2)
[X] I definitively won't be using 1.4. if Wicket doesn't go for my
preference.