You can't access the Wicket Session from outside a Wicket request
using Session.get(). It is a thread local that is maintained by the
request cycle. If it was possible in 2.0, then that was a bug and most
certainly a security risk.

You should try to look up the Wicket session in the HttpSession of
your servlet using the session id and wicket key.

Or just store the report in the http session instead.

Martijn

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Matthew R Hanlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Okay, I may have this all wrong, and then that's my problem.  I have an
> application that was developed under the 2.0 branch that I recently migrated
> to 1.4.  This application uses a servlet to handle requests for Jasper
> Reports, and under 2.0 everything worked great.  I store the report request
> in the user's Session, and retrieve it in the JasperReportServlet to look up
> the request.  In my JasperReportServlet I was doing:
>

> public final void doGet(final HttpServletRequest servletRequest, final
> HttpServletResponse servletResponse) throws ServletException, IOException
>
> {
>
>      String requestId =
> servletRequest.getParameter(ReportingConstants.PARAMETER_NAME_REPORT_REQUEST
> );
>
>      ReportRequest reportReq = null;
>
>      MySession session = (MySession)Session.get();
>
>      reportReq = session.getReportRequest(requestId);
>

>      // handle report request, etc.
>
> }
>

> However, in 1.4 when I do Session.get() from my JasperReportServlet I am
> getting the error java.lang.IllegalStateException: you can only locate or
> create sessions in the context of a request cycle.
>

> So, can I no longer get an object from my wicket Session from a non-wicket
> Servlet?  I've been looking all over, and can't seem to find the right
> answer.  Thanks for any help.
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthew.

Apache Wicket 1.3.3 is released