On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:27 PM, nanotech <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using panel inside a ModalWindow. I have few questions regarding Modal
> Window.
>
> 1. It seems that setInitialWidth(800)  is not being honoured. No matter what
> size I set it comes out to be same size.

Did you set a cookie name? ifso the width and height will be read from
the cookie so you might want to clear that.

> 2. Also, when I try to increase horiznontal size of modal window (by
> dragging )then it does not increase,however the parent window from where
> modal window has come shows horzontal scrollbar. (I know it works fine in
> the example at
> http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/modal-window.0 ) . But I
> wonder whats wrong in my case.
>
> Inspecting the div in Firebug showed

> 420px; width: 1695px; position: absolute; visibility: visible;">
>
> However, the actual modal window did not expand horizontally.

Odd, but without any code hard to explain, probably even with code :P
You could try using a Page instead of a Panel. (not sure what the example does)

> 3. Is there a way to set(or restrict) max width / max height of ModalWindow.

No

> 4. How can I add Header/Footer in  Modal window (Do I have to use Modal
> window with Page in that case?)

Not necessarily, you can just as easily put 3 divs on your panel to
fake a header and footer. But in general it is better to use a Page as
it will use an iframe for the modal window.

> 5. Also, when ModalWindow gets created it uses modal.css for styling. Is it
> possible to provide my own css? If yes, then do I have to keep the css class
> names same as in modal.css (e.g class="wicket-modal" )

Well you can set a css classname on the modal window, i think it is
used for the border. but if you want to overwrite other pieces of css
then yes theoretically you could overwrite the css classes in your own
css. You just have to make sure the loading order of the stylesheets
is correct. However i recently tried this myself and only got it to
work by specifying an additional style and use javascript to change
the class attribute to my style.

Maurice