The password check will probably require an access to your database/ldap/whatever, so your validator will need a reference to some singleton objects (service/dao/...).

For my taste this is too heavy for a validator.

Sven

Sergey Podatelev schrieb:
Okay, that is something I expected.
But can you please explain, why wouldn't you use validator for this?
It seems to be a good way to encapsulate certain functionality and if it
can't be bypassed, there're no security issues also.
Still, you'd use a check in onSubmit().

I'm just trying to understand if I maybe missing something here :)