Hi!

In my understanding it should (IMHO) be possible to hook all ajax
calls without doing anything on the server side. I think your "add
onClick to an AjaxButton" issue involves attaching specific javascript
(from the server side) to a specific button. That's not what I need,
is it? I would have to roll out a new global ajax button having the
amendments....no. That's an overkill (is it the only solution???).

I just want the indicator to become visible whenever any ajax request
starts and the indicator to be again hidden whenever the ajax request
stops/terminates. I do not want to affect the ajax behavior itself, I
just want to add one intermediate function call.

There should be a generic clicent-side (browser) hook or way to tweak
this. I tried chaning the body onload setupfunc to the following,
which had the result that all ajaxfallbackbuttons fell back into
normal mode:

  function setupFunc() {
    document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].onclick = clickFunc;
    hideBusysign();
          Wicket.Ajax.registerPreCallHandler(showBusysign());
          Wicket.Ajax.registerPostCallHandler(hideBusysign());
          Wicket.Ajax.registerFailureHandler(hideBusysign());
  }

So I just want to add the show/hideBusysign in addition to the
existing functionality. Do I have to fork wicket-ajax.js or is it
possible to achieve it using scripting within the markup file?

**
Martin