From: Martijn Dashorst [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:11 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modifying QuickStart to serve static content in embedded
Jetty (was: RE: Tomcat 5.5.9 isn't running Quickstart)

No, because the JSP servlet is needed to compile JSPs into servlet code.
An unmodified configuration generated by the Wicket quickstart on our
website serves static images perfectly well. You really are doing
something funky.

Martijn

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Frank Silbermann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, the QuickStart itself works.  As for your ability to serve
> images, it might depend whether these are images stored with the .html

> and .java files for Wicket to pick up, versus images that are stored
> as static objects.  I googled the INFO - log warning " - NO JSP
> Support for /, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet"
>
> and found http://code.google.com/p/run-jetty-run/wiki/GettingStarted
> about running Wicket projects with Jetty in Eclipse.  It contains the
> following comments:
>
> Comment by angelo.mariano, Jan 02, 2008
>   When I try to launch it, I get the following error: 2008-01-02
> 10:11:55.191::INFO: Logging to STDERR
>   via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog? 2008-01-02 10:11:55.300::INFO:
> jetty-6.1.6 2008-01-02
>   10:11:55.441::INFO: NO JSP Support for /, did not find
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet?
>   2008-01-02 10:11:55.659:/:INFO: default: init 2008-01-02
> 10:11:55.659:/:INFO: jsp: init 2008-01-02
>   10:11:55.691::INFO: Started [EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080
>
>   and then I am not able to compile jsp. Do you know how to solve this

> problem? Thank you
>
> Comment by eelco.hillenius, Jan 02, 2008
>   Ah, I probably have to include the appropriate libs to turn JSP
> support on. Could you please file a
>   ticket? I'll get to it shortly.
>

> Eelco, could that discussion have anything to do with my problem?

org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]