That is certainly an option, but i dont like the idea of the timer, since
there could be scenarios where the user does the form submission (resulting
in a new window), and lets say i set the timer to 2 seconds, now in case the
user decides to close the new browser window rightaway, and comes back and
while he is trying to click some other button on the modal window (which has
other forms too), the modal window all of sudden vanishes and that would
just be a bit awkward, thats just one example, even if the timer is set to a
shorter time the response itself might take a while (due to load/traffic or
other reasons) and user might see this sudden invisibility of the modal when
he was trying to do something....thats why i would rather close the modal
window as soon as the new browser window loads up or even before..