Hi Igor,

thanks for your reply.

Igor Vaynberg wrote:
detach() is indeed called in the end of every request.

what exactly is your requirement? you want to run the query once, upon
page entry, and then always reuse the same resultset without doing
another query?

This is indeed what I would like to do. However, my current approach is
to keep to  original result list in memory and do the paging on the list without
further database queries. I might try that option later, currently I am
doing some kind of exploration of how to do things in wicket to derive a
more or less generic architecture for our wicket projects.

Cheers,

J.

in that case store the list of ids in your resultset as
a property of the page. the model of the listview can then retrieve
the subset of this list (based on the current page and number of items
needed) and do a select from foo where id in ( subset of id list )
query to retrieve the current window of data.

-igor