that is because this is a response to a regular request. i do not see
how that could have ever worked. you cant just write text/javascript
into the browser and expect it to do anything, that is the same as
putting foo.com/bar.js link in the address bar, what happens? you just
view the file.

what you need to do is set the response as text/html and spit out html
that in body onload executes some javascript.

-igor