Indeed. I would very welcome this capability.

Regards,
   Erik.

David Leangen wrote:
once again, i dont see what this offers over the hybrid strategy.

Maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong here...

The hybrid stategy is only applied when the target is an
IBookmarkablePageRequestTarget. So, for normal bookmarkable pages, there
is no problem, like you say.

The issue only arises when a page is mounted, but is used in a stateful
way (for example it has a form or something). In that case, the target
becomes an IListenerInterfaceRequestTarget. When this is the case, the
hybrid strategy is not used. This is the case that the patch is intended
for.

-dml-