> A little bit confused... perhaps I or you misunderstood. I'm using a
> textfield in the 'navigator' section of my site. So, if a particular URL
> is being accessed (.../foo or .../bar) then I want to hide the
> textfield. Otherwise the navigator shows the textfield. Does that make
> more sense?

In any case, the way you would show/hide any component is by overriding
the isVisible method:

@Override public boolean isVisible()
{
    // do your test here
}

So you need some way of testing this. The way to do that is using
PageParameters with one of the IndexedCodingStrategies.

Make more sense? Or do you need more info?

Cheers,
David