Hi all. My problem is simple: I want to bind a given property (say:
'enabled', or 'visible') of a component to a variable that is on
another object, just like I bind the text value of a TextField with a
String on onother object.

This is becouse I do not like this code:

      Button button =  new Button("save") {
         @Override
         public boolean isEnabled() {
            return isEditEnabled();
         }
      };

where isEditEnabled() is a method of the parent Page.
I would like to write something like:

bind(button, "enabled", "editEnabled")

and put that bind(Component, String, String) method on the page, or on
a static class, doesn't matter.

there is a preferred way to achieve this? A way that involves the use
of the wicket models to bind properties...

Thanks.

--
Daniele Dellafiore
http://blog.ildella.net/