I agree with hbf.
Of course, modal window is a JS component, but a fallback would really make
sense (why shouldn't there be one when there's one for AjaxLink?).
Is there any component like this around by now or planned in near future?

Basically it should be possible to have a placeholder (MarkupContainer) for
the dialog on every page (which might yield one), hidden until displayed by
an AjaxFallbackLink... this would lead to the whole page reloading + the
dialog MarkupContainer when JS is turned off. Same for closing the window
and returning the dialog result to the underlying component...

But of course, I would prefer an out-of-the-box solution or a ready-made
component. :)