Hi all,

We are in the process of selecting a web-framework, and although I am in
favor of Wicket, I was asked to provide an objective comparison of Wicket
with JSF. I have developed a few small apps in Wicket, but I admit I am not
very familiar with JSF. Prior to posting here, I googled a bit, and found a
few forum-threads and blog posts on this topic, but most are from 1-2 years
ago and in framework years, this may be considered obsolete.

Although this is the Wicket forum, I expect there are people here who also
used (or at least evaluated) JSF at some point, so I'd be happy if folks
here could share their experience. If anyone can point me to useful links
that would be great too.

I really am not trying to provoke a flame war, just to gather information.

In your opinion, what are Wicket strengths? What are JSF's ? (even if you're
a Wicket fan, surely there's something ;)

I would be interested to hear people thoughts regarding the fact the JSF is
a standard, while Wicket is not. How important is that to you? In what ways
do you think this matters (if at all)?

Also, supposedly JSF has a larger selection of 3rd party components compared
to Wicket. Is this true? how often do you find yourself rolling your own
components and how hard is it to do so in Wicket (and I mean
non-trivial-good-looking-Ajax-enabled stuff).

Many thanks in advance.