I'm not sure how Swarm works (I'm still using the simple auth-roles and have no need for anything more) but maybe you can use the same trick. In my Application I simply check if I'm running in development mode, and switch out the normal authentication mechanism for a "fake" one that will always authenticate.

As things get more complex you may actually have to control that a bit (apps start to provide different functions based on who is logged in and what roles they have).

Swarm should be "fakeable" that way as well, although I can't tell you how it would be.

- Brill