It seems this feature was removed, but there's some javadoc
left in org.apache.wicket.settings.IDebugSettings:
[quote]
<i>serializeSessionAttributes</i> (defaults to true in development
mode) - Causes the framework
 * to serialize any attribute put into session - this helps find Not
Serializable errors early
[/quote]