> no. having a nice/bookmarkble url means having all the state in the
> url.

hmmm i'm not sure... sometimes i'd like to have a pretty url, even if it
does not hold the exact state of the page... in my example: the re-sorted
list of friends would be still bookmarkable, however the sorting would be
reset when the bookmarked URL is loaded.

the problem is also that a lot of components produce non-pretty URLs because
they need to hold state, e.g.  PagingNavigator - I think it would be great
if they could hold state, but the resulting pages would still be
pretty-URLed (even if the state (e.g. offset) gets lost in the URL)

> you can also encapsulate parameter creation within a page factory
> method to make it cleaner

> setresponsepage(mypage.class, mypage.params("myusername", "asc"));

yeah, that is a good idea, thanks for inspiration :)

but still I would be even happier with wicket if there was a hybrid solution
which enabled a page to hold state beyond its pretty URL params