wicket does not provide anything in the way of "deployment". what it
does in dev mode is monitor any changes to html/properties files and
when they are changed it evicts them from cache so next time you
reload the page you see the changes. obviously wicket does not know
where your source file live, so it can only monitor files in the
classes dir by default. usually your ide copies html/properties to the
right place automatically when you change them so it is nice and
transparent and magical, but that involves using an ide...

-igor