Josh,

I agree with you about the need to try to understand Wicket a bit
first before diving into ORM-izing (I coined it first; I call dibs)
your application.

However, for those who want to start with a hibernate-based or
jpa-based application, it's nice to have a good starting point (like a
maven archetype).  With "wicketopia", we've got two different
archetypes for JPA and Hibernate.  Wicketopia itself is based on the
Domdrides core API, so it is ORM implementation agnostic.

James