Hi,

The company I'm working for is evaluating different java-web-frameworks and
it seems that Wicket or JSF will be the winner (To be honest, my personal
opinion is that Wicket is the far better choice). In this evaluation i have
to make sure if the framework supports pure (java script) client side
validation.

As far as i know Wicket "only" supports client side validation with ajax
requests. This solution is not satisfying for us, because we want to use the
framework to create huge forms which are used by many people. And we think
it would be a hard job for our servers to process all that requests.

My question: Is it possible to create light weight validators (like required
validator) that are working with java script and act like normal wicket
validators:

textField.add(new ClientSideRequiredValidator());

I know that this topic was discussed in the mailing list many times, but i
haven't found a real solution for this.

Harry