On Tue, 07 Oct 2008, newbieabc wrote:
> I have another related question...

Often it's a good idea to start a new thread with a
descriptive subject for new questions.

> I want to change one of  the Contact page form component's visibility
> property based in a parameter I set in another page.
>
> Is there a page onLoad function or something where I can check the parameter
> value and then change visibility of the component? If yes.. then where is it
> called? Or how? When ever I try to check the parameter value within the page
> constructor, I get a NullPointerException, but when the parameter is used
> for other things , like from a method called within the the Form onSubmit()
> there doesn't seem to be any problems.

Constructor is only called on construction, not rendering.

You have at least a couple of options;

  FormComponent myComponentWithConditionalVisibility = new TextField("foo") {
      @Override
      public boolean isVisible() {
          return fooFieldShouldBeBVisible();

or

  FormComponent myComponentWithConditionalVisibility = new TextField("foo") {
      @Override
      public void onBeforeRender() {
          setVisible(fooFieldShouldBeVisible());

Best wishes,