Do not hesitate, Mac is great! I use it all the time.
They waited a bit too long with bringing Java 6 to Mac, but besides that, it all works great.

We also use Mac OS X Server with Tomcat to deploy our software.

By the way, you know you have to change your nickname?
Something like 'greekmacosx' or 'greekapple' would be fine.

Regards,

Daan