Are you using interfaces for your entities or your repositories
(DAOs)?  If you'd like a library to start from, check out Domdrides (a
DOMain-DRIven DESign library):

http://domdrides.sourceforge.net

Basically, it provides a common API for doing domain-driven design and
also provides some useful superclasses for doing repositories using
different ORM implementations (currently Hibernate, JPA, and iBATIS,
but a DB4O implementation would be welcomed).