Whe ajaxng has package has been moved to _wicket package together with
some new requestcycle stuff (that is not integrated in wicket and
probably wont' be for quite some time).

I don't think ajaxng will make it to 1.4. It's not only about that
ajax implementation (that should be pretty stable), it's about the
rest of wicket components which needs to be updated to use th new ajax
implementation. So it will get to trunk when trunk becomes 1.5.

Anyway, I can't really recommend using it - it really is
*experimental*. The API can change at any time. If you are worried
about imports going to change it's most definitely not a good idea for
you to use the experimental branch.

-Matej