Johan,

I'm not saying you should move *everything* over to the client. I'm saying
that most form manipulation can take place without querying the database,
especially on a per-request basis. Adding rows and cell validation tend to
rely on at most one database lookup (during the initial request). Even if
you *do* need to query the database before carrying out some operation (I
dare say this is a minority situation) you can issue a web service call to
do just that. Wicket's current implementation assumes that by default form
manipulation should take place on the server. I am saying that by default it
should take place on the client. The same functionality is still possible,
it's just your default that changes. And as I mentioned, this approach has
many benefits besides performance.

Gili