Could you use thead / tbody, and just use the overflow css attribute for the
tbody?  I've never done it, but it seems like it should work.

Also, when you get to customizing the table like this, you might need to
just implement your own table using another repeater.  DataTable has a lot
of features built in (especially DefaultDataTable), but sometimes if you're
trying to do something else, it's easier to create your own custom
component.  But give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com