Basically, the code that executes is:

public ValidatePage(PageParameters parameters)
{
       super("Valideren gegevens");

       String code = parameters.getString("code");
If I put a breakpoint right after this, I already get the incorrect code. The page that I use extends a page that contains the basic layout/menu from the page, but that page does no redirecting either. I'm reading up on the session sharing, but from what I can see that is not recommended because of security issues. I didn't think about using cookies though, so thanks for that suggestion. That sounds like it would be the best solution.

Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael wrote:
Strange, but as you said you had the idea that it could be a bug. But it still strikes me a bit strange that the page are redirected, and results in an modifified link.. Could you provide a cut out of the code?

Otherwise the idea with the servlet should be fine, I think you can enable shared sessions somewhere in tomcat at least... Otherwise you could do it with an encrypted session cookie..

Rik Overvelde wrote:
Hi Nino,

I don't link to the verification page from inside the application itself. Instead, the link is send in an email to the user when he changes his email adress. When they click the link, the page is opened. In a lot of cases the users are still logged in on the application, meaning that a second tab is opened. If that is the case, the url changes in the way that I described. If there is no other tab with the application open when the user clicks the link, the page works fine (meaning that the page parameters are being read). Also, when the bug occurs it triggers an error message which tells that the given code is incorrect, which means that the page parameters are read at that point as well.

Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael wrote:
Hi Rik

Im not sure about this, it's been some months(if not years) since i've touched 1.2.x. How are you linking to verification page when logged in, for me it looks like you are not using pageparameters at all but instead just instantiate the page with an other constructor..

Rik Overvelde wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem with page parameters in wicket 1.2.7 when multiple tabs are opened. I'm working on a verification system for email adresses, which sends a mail with an url containing a guid to a user. I've mounted the page using a queryStringUrlCodingStrategy which results in an address like: http://page.com/verificatie?code=0572f18d-a9b1-4b92-bb89-7243b9e35d24. When the link is opened while you're already logged in though, wicket changes the url while loading in something like this: http://page.com/verificatie?code=%5BLjava.lang.String%3B%4087bf0b&wicket:pageMapName=wicket-0 From what I understand, this is a known issue with wicket 1.2 and is solved in wicket 1.3. The application I'm working on however is already fairly large and because of time constraints it is impossible right now to migrate to 1.3 so I'm looking for a workaround for this.

One thing that I've been thinking about is to have the verification link point you to a non wicket servlet, which writes the guid to its session, then forwards you to a wicket page that retrieves the guid from the other servlets session. Is there a way to get the other servlets session in wicket?

If anyone has another suggestions for getting around this problem I'd love to hear it.

With regards,

Rik Overvelde