On Mon, 03 Nov 2008, jpswain wrote:
> I'm building a registration page for my wicket app, and I'm having trouble

Building... Designing, rather :)

  http://www.bleading-edge.com/Publications/C++Journal/abstract.htm

> What I want is to have an AjaxFallbackButton next to desired-username to see
> if it is available and then display a label saying whether it is or isn't
> available.  This works fine when AjaxFallbackButton's
> setDefaultFormProcessing is set to true (as by default).  However, this runs
> the onSubmit() of the form, not just the onSubmit() of the button itself as
> I want it to.

You have to do the submit to get the desired username to
server for checking, and then react accordingly. You could
make uniqueness check a validator and then models do not
get updated if the username is not unique.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho