2008/11/5 Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Jan Stette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sure.  To explain a bit more why I'm asking: I have a table component
> that's
> > configured using property expressions as to what's shown in each column.
> > The types of objects to be shown in the table are not known in advance,
> > hence having a hard coded model for a specific type of class isn't really
> > desirable.  Given this, do you think it would make sense to provide an
> > extended property model, so that it could cope with the type of example
> of
> > objects I showed below?
>
> no i do not. we keep our property expression language simple on
> purpose - we prefer java over strings. what you should do is have
> these objects implement an itnerface that has String getValue(String
> key) defined - that is how java works. if you cant do that then you
> can always yourself write something that uses reflection.
>
> -igor

Sorry, I don't think I'm making myself clear.  I was asking if I could
provide an extended property model, not for it to be provided in Wicket!
:-)  As I asked in my original question, what is the right place to hook
this in, is it by overriding AbstractPropertyModel.getObject()?  I had a
look at http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/property-expression-language.html,
but that page seems out of date.

Regards,
Jan