Björn-Peter Tietjens wrote:
Hi all,
i keep getting tis strange error:*
WicketMessage: No get method defined for class: class java.lang.String expression: id**
Root cause:**
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: No get method defined for class: class java.lang.String expression: id***

when executing this line:
*add(new DropDownChoice("ddArtikel", new PropertyModel(artikel, "name"), artikelList, new ChoiceRenderer("name", "id")));

*in my class Artikel the "id" property is of type long, when i chang it to String then it works...

how do i need to do that to make it work as "long"?

I think that PropertyModels (and models in general) expect string return values for the POJO's getXXX() methods.

You can try to override the getIdValue() method. Something like this:

   ChoiceRenderer c = new ChoiceRenderer("name", "id") {
       public String getIdValue(Object object, int index) {
           return "" + (long)object;
       }
   };

Note that this code is untested, and intended as explanation.

--
With kind regards,
Jurrie Overgoor