If I understand correctly, you want to basically include your resources
relative to the default package rather than in a subpackage.  If this is
true, you could create an empty no-op class like SomeClassNameThatMakesSense
in the default package.  Then you could do new
ResourceReference(SomeClassNameThatMakesSense.class,
"you/build/button/....").  Of course, you would need to move the yui folder
to the default package as well.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com