Hi.

Just learning about IDataProvider and DataViews.

I've scoped out the repeaters examples but this may be a little different...

If I have a userId (for example stored in the Session) of the user as he is
logged in and I wish to use that userId as a criteria for getting hold of
the correct data using a IDataProvider (for a DataView list), then should I
pass in the userID to the IDataProvider implementation and just store as a
private variable?

Is there a better way of getting hold of (or passing this) information into
the IDataProvider implementation to limit storage/serialization?

Many thanks, Graeme.