Hi Charlie,
You are correct, I removed some not relevant data.
Here is my table full markup:

        <thead>
                        <th wicket:id="orderById"><wicket:message
key="poll.id">[id]</wicket:message></th>
                        <th wicket:id="orderByName"><wicket:message
key="poll.name">[name]</wicket:message></th>
                        <th wicket:id="orderByDescription"><wicket:message

key="poll.description">[description]</wicket:message></th>
                        <th wicket:id="orderByQuestion"><wicket:message

key="poll.question">[question]</wicket:message></th>
                        <th wicket:id="orderByMaxVotes"><wicket:message

key="poll.maxVotes">[maxVotes]</wicket:message></th>
                        <th wicket:id="orderByActive"><wicket:message
key="poll.active">[active]</wicket:message></th>
                        <th wicket:id="orderByDelete"><wicket:message
key="poll.delete">[delete]</wicket:message></th>
        </thead>
        <tbody>
wicket:id="poll.description">[description]</td>
"images/delete_icon.png" /> </td>
        </tbody>

here is the javacode parts that create the onclick actions for all the
links. It work ok for all links except the delete link that I try to use
image:
                                Link link = new Link("edit-link",
item.getModel()) {
                                        public void onClick() {
                                                onEditPoll((Poll)
getModelObject());
                                        }
                                };
                                link.add(new Label("poll.id",
String.valueOf(poll.getId())));
                                item.add(link);

                                item.add(new Label("poll.name",
poll.getName()));
                                item.add(new Label("poll.description",
poll.getDescription()));
                                item.add(new Label("poll.question",
poll.getQuestion()));
                                item.add(new Label("poll.maxVotes",
String.valueOf(poll.getMaxVotes())));
                                //second link
                                Link activeLink = new Link("active-link",
item.getModel()) {
                                        public void onClick() {
                                                onActivePoll((Poll)
getModelObject());
                                        }
                                };
                                if
(poll.getStatus().equals(VidgetStatus.ACTIVE))
                                        activeLink.add(new Label("poll.active",
"deactivate"));
                                else
                                        activeLink.add(new Label("poll.active",
"activate"));
                                item.add(activeLink);

                                Link deleteLink = new Link("delete-link",
item.getModel()) {
                                        public void onClick() {
                                                onDeletePoll((Poll)
getModelObject());
                                        }
                                };

                                if(poll.getStatus().equals(VidgetStatus.ACTIVE))
                                        deleteLink.setEnabled(false);
                                item.add(deleteLink);

In the generated html page I dont see the delete link. All the other links
in the generated html  look like:

while for the delete I have:

Igor, I did not understand your comment.

Thanks in advance,
  Itay