Ok thank you, that worked fine ...

Now, in another panel, I'm trying to show the user the progress that's being
made while a process is running, something like "Job 1 out of 7 running"
then ""Job 2 out of 7 running", etc.

Here's what I did (based on what I read in the link you gave me) :

- Create a simple POJO class JobStatus
- declare a label with an AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior in my panel
   final Label msgStatus = new Label("msgStatus", new
PropertyModel(jobStatus, "status"));
   msgStatus.setOutputMarkupId(true);
   frmStatus.add(msgStatus);
   msgStatus.add(new AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior(Duration.seconds(1)));
- in the onSubmit code of the button that submits the job in the panel
  jobStatus.setStatus("Job 1 out of 7 running"); then a little further
jobStatus.setStatus("Job 2 out of 7 running"); etc.

The status is not updated on screen ... any idea what I'a forgetting this
time ?