Yes we've experienced issues with multiple browser windows as well as
synchronization of shared session resources. Again, this has nothing to do
with optimization but everything to do with craving a solid, simple
programming model for frontend developers.

/Casper

Johan Compagner wrote:

> We tried that once, to have state transfered to the client, we didnt
> like it (where it did go to) and we dropped it.
> Cpu time and bandtwidth is way more expensive then memory. Wicket
> takes now memory on the server but the overhead it would generate by
> serializing and base64 every page into the result and the other way
> around is just way way to expensive.
>
> Did you encounter any real issues with state on the server or is this
> again premature optimization??
>
> On 11/19/08, Casper Bang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok. It sounds like the general philosophy behind Wicket is server side
>> statefulness. I was kind of hoping this was not the case. Just out of
>> curiosity, haven't anyone tried serializing and embedding state out on
>> the
>> webpage that could then be POST'ed between requests - a kind of hybrid
>> model
>> between session and request scope? This homemade hybrid seems to work for
>> JSF, though oddly not an official strategy.
>>
>> I actually just joined the mailinglist and posted, after not seeing my
>> message show up after 24h I tried posting again - this time it worked. I
>> apologize, now posting via Napple - latency and behavior somewhat more
>> deterministic.
>>
>> /Casper
>>

>> Jeremy Thomerson-5 wrote:
>>>
>>> Tip: don't double post or some people will jump on you - it doesn't help
>>> you
>>> get a good answer.
>>>
>>> Anyway, for completely stateless page transitions, etc, and how to put
>>> data
>>> into the URL rather than session, you need to use BookmarkablePageLink,
>>> which will invoke the YourPage(PageParameters) constructor.  Give those
>>> shot.   For forms that put their data in the URL, search the list on