I was thinking about something like this:

[warning, sketchy pseudo code will follow]

 method org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.add(Component... children) :

-> call empty overridable method onComponentAdd(Component child) for each component
   -> add component

   protected void onComponentAdd(Component child) { /* overridable */ }