This seems to result in

org.apache.wicket.util.io.SerializableChecker$WicketNotSerializableException:
Unable to serialize class:
org.apache.wicket.util.io.DeferredFileOutputStream

I must implement the "detach()" method for the dummy fileUpload model:
                form.add(fileUploadField = new FileUploadField(PHOTO_UPLOAD_ID,
                                new Model<FileUpload>() {
                  /**
                   * @see org.apache.wicket.model.Model#detach()
                   */
                  @Override
                  public void detach() {
                    setObject(null);
                  }
                }));

This really seems like an overkill to me, previously this worked much better ;)

**
Martin